This blog is a combination of my thoughts and experiences through photographs and videos as well as stuff I find interesting enough to share with you as well..
PNG COMMUNITY PARTICIPATE IN THE CAIRNS FESTIVAL
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
This are photos of the 2015 Cairns Festival. The Papua New Guinean community took part in style, mixing with everyone in the Parade.
Hi all it's been a while since I blogged. Kinda got busy do other things and this just took the backseat, so I have more time on my hands now so I thought I'd return and write something. Alot has been happening and I really don't know where to start. But one thing that comes immediately to my mind is the recent Landowner Benefit Identification (LOBID) process that is in progress right now in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. The LOBID process is an important process to ensure the landowners of the Papua LNG project are recognised to benefit from this multimillion kina project. In fact the process is underway as I write this. This is the verifying stage where all ILG lists are confirmed before it goes to the Development Forum where the Minister for Petroleum and Energy announces or makes the Ministerial Determination. An interesting time in the lives of the people directly affected by the pipeline as well as the wellhead up in the hinterlands of the Baimuru L...
This week has been a sad week for a lonlt of people in the country and rugby league's circle with the loss of a humble Papuan rising star. He had touched people of all walks of life in Papua New Guinea and abroad. And most people talked of his humblesness and smile that brightened up the room. He was a silent achiever and had that unintentional effect of drawing people to him. I met him a couple of times through my involvement with the Rugby League World matches as a Master of Ceremony and that is what I picked out straight away. His humblesness. Now the Nation mourns his sudden loss. Below is a wonderful heartbreaking story by Lahui Ako that brought a lump to my throat as I read through. Please click on the link and read. And please come back and leave a comment or two about this story.. How A Person Half My Age Changed My Life
This was taken from the PNG In FOCUS page on Facebook . By Sam Jay Kaupa There is a question that people need to ask. Why can’t the Central Bank of PNG buy gold to curb smuggling and also build the reserves to stabilise the plummeting Kina? The mining sector accounts for about 9% of the GDP and the overall resources sector contributes about 26% of the GDP. This will continue to rise with the current demand for cobalt which as a by- product of the mix hydroxide precipitate from the Ramu Nickel. Copper is on the rebound with nickel and so is gold which is now hovering above $US1,300/oz. Gold price will continue to go up according to analysts and from graphical representations from Kitco (where I get most of my data from) Currently gold is stolen on a massive scale in PNG Mines. Gold production from mines are under reported. This is a massive scam. For example – 20 million ounces were mined from the giant Porgera Gold Mine and bullions shipped off-shore by helicopter to Mt Hag...
Comments